Eight Word Find Puzzles
The following are puzzles that originally appeared in the
Brainpower Newsletter. Not to be confused with word-find puzzles
where you circle the words among the letters, these are more
along the lines of wordplay. Enjoy, and for more, visit the riddle and puzzle page.
1. Name the only English word that ends in the letters "mt"?
2. What are the only four words in the English language that
end in "dous."
3. Find at least two English words that have "uu"
4. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and
gray when you throw it away?
5. Name a word that has all five vowels in it, in the same
order they are found in the alphabet.
6. Which sound occurs in the English language but has no letter
to represent it?
7. What is the longest English word that can be spelled without
repeating a letter?
8. Can you find an English word that has the six vowels, A,
E, I, O, U and Y, in their alphabetical order? For example, there
is the word "facetiously." What is another one?
Solutions to the Puzzles
2. Tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
3. There are at least four words: Muumuu, vacuum, continuum,
5. There are at least two: facetious and abstemious.
6. The sound found in the following words: vision, version,
7. Uncopyrightable (15 letters).
8. Abstemiously (let me know if you find others).