Six Short Funny Riddles
The following short funny riddles are unique to this site.
Well, I did borrow the basic idea for some of them from other
riddles out there, but they are not exactly like any others.
1. Buffalo have been shown to have more hair on one side rather
than the other. Which side has more hair?
2. There is a book which at one time was owned only by rich
people. Now everyone can have it, but it usually isn't for sale
and can't be borrowed from the public library. What book is it?
3. 1999 dimes are worth almost $200. Why?
4. A teacher had sixteen students, and all but ten quit school.
How many students did he have left?
5. A woman is shot, held under water for five minutes, and
hung, but a short time later she goes to dinner with the man
who did all this. How is this possible?
6. How many blocks of stone did it take to complete one of
The solutions? Look below.
1. The outside!
2. A telephone book (only the wealthy had phones when they
first were made).
3. Because 1999 dimes add up to $199.90 - almost $200!
4. Ten of course ("all but ten")
5. The man was a photographer; he shot a photo of her, developed
it in solution and hung it up to dry. (This one will get harder
with age, as more people use digital cameras and forget how photos
used to be developed.)
6. Just one block - the last one!