You'll find brain teasers, riddles, and lateral thinking puzzles
here on this page and throughout the website. On the page "Lateral Thinking Puzzles,"
you'll find an old one that requires you to connect nine dots
with four straight lines. There is also a scenario you can set
up, if you wish, that challenges you to get a ping-pong ball
out of a pipe with limited materials.
Many jokes and riddles are really just lateral thinking puzzles
that hopefully make you smile. For example: Two cannibals were
talking while eating dinner. One confessed that he really didn't
like his new mother-in-law. What advice did the other give him?
"So just eat your vegetables." I'll have more pages
of riddles and jokes soon, and it will be announced here and
on the homepage. In the meantime, here are some brain teasers
riddles that sometimes have more than one answer (but just one
is given for each, at the bottom of the page).
Classic Brain Teasers Riddles
1. A woman proves in court that her husband was murdered by
her sister, but the judge decides that the sister cannot be punished.
2. A woman is found hanging by her neck from the high ceiling
in an otherwise empty locked room with a puddle of water under
her feet. How did she kill herself?
3. A man is lying drowned in a dead forest, far from water.
How did this happen?
4. Two men are served identical drinks at the bar. One lives,
but the other dies. Why?
5. A man dies of dehydration in his own home. Why?
6. A man runs along a hall with a piece of paper. When the
lights flicker, he drops to his knees and begins to cry. Why?
7. A pipe, a carrot, and a couple sticks are lying together
in a field. Why?
8. A woman lives on the tenth floor of an apartment building.
Every morning she takes the elevator all the way down, and goes
to work. In the evening, she gets into the elevator, and, if
there is someone else in it she goes back to her floor directly.
Otherwise, she goes to the seventh floor and walks up three flights
of stairs to her apartment. Why?
9. A man grabbed a woman's ring and pulled on it, then dropped
it. How did this save her life?
10. A man was just doing his job when his suit was torn. Why
did he die three minutes later?
A Video Brain Quiz
Here's a fun quiz in the form of a video...
Did you answer any of the questions correctly?
Now let's move on to the solutions to our 10 original questions...
1. The sisters are Siamese twins.
2. She stood on a block of ice to hang herself.
3. A fire fighting plane filled its tanks with water from
a lake, sucking a scuba-diver in (Is this an urban legend, or
did I see this on the news?). He drown while the plane was in
flight and was dumped onto a burning forest with the water.
4. Poisoned ice cubes in the drinks: one man drinks slowly,
giving them time to melt, but the other man drinks fast and doesn't
get much of the poison.
5. His lives on a houseboat, and was out to sea when he ran of
6. He is running to deliver a pardon, and the flickering lights
indicate the convict to be pardoned has just been electrocuted.
7. They're what's left of a melted snowman.
8. The woman is a midget. She can't reach the upper elevator
buttons, but she can ask people to push them for her. She can
also push them with her umbrella.
9. They were skydiving, and she was unconscious. He pulled
the rip cord ring for her, and the parachute opened.
10. He was an astronaut on a space walk, doing repairs.
Want to easily boost your brain power and get better at these